Terms & Conditions
This Campaign (as defined below) is subject to the following terms & conditions (“T&C”), which may be updated by Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited (“BCCL”/ “Company”) having its registered office at The Times of India Building, Dr. D. N. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001 and corporate office at 9-10, Express Building, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110 102, from time to time without notice to Visitor (as defined below). The Visitor confirms to have read the T&C at www.timesofabetterindia.com.The Visitor is participating in the Campaign at his/her sole discretion and free will. The Participation shall be deemed as the acceptance of the T&C by the Visitor.
(a) “Campaign” shall mean the campaign titled as “The Times of a Better India”. The campaign has been created to present to the nation a body of progress made by India and its citizens in various realms, in a manner where citizens, organizations and institutions have leveraged the strengths and opportunities presented by the nation at various levels to succeed in their efforts and thus contribute back to making the nation better. We have showcased these stories and urge our readers to both share these with as wide an audience as possible and share their own inspiring stories with us.
(b) “Visitor/ you” shall mean the individual who participates or engages in the Campaign.
(a) This Campaign is valid for Indian citizens of age 18 years and above. If you are under the age of 18, you should review this T&Cs with your parent or legal guardian to make sure that you and your parent or legal guardian understands and agrees to it and further, if required you shall perform or undertake such activities which will entitle you to enter into a legally binding agreement with BCCL. By visiting the website of the Campaign or accepting the T&Cs, you represent and warrant to the Company that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to participate in the Campaign and agree to and abide by these T&Cs. You also represent and warrant to the Company that you will use the website of the Campaign in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
(b) Campaign Duration
The Campaign shall start on April 30, 2022 and shall continue till December 31, 2022. BCCL reserves the right to terminate, extend or shorten the Campaign Duration at its sole discretion.
- For participation in any of the contests as part of The Times of a Better India, a basic registration by the Visitor is mandatory. A valid mobile number and an email address would be required to register on the website, along with your full name and city of current residence. To complete the process, a one time password (“OTP”) will be sent to you on the mobile number provided by you at the time of registration for the purpose of user validation. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under registration on the website. By registering, you agree to the following terms in addition to any other specific terms which shall be posted at an appropriate location of the website. Each registration is for a single individual user only for personal use of the website.
- Participation and other terms:
(a) No entry fee is required to participate in any of the contests and other interactive features of The Times of a Better India campaign.
(b) The Visitor hereby grants BCCL, by participating in the Campaign, the right to use, in perpetuity the Visitor’s information as may be provided by the Visitor, publish and display Visitor’s statements, pictures, videos, quotes (if any) which may be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by BCCL for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media without notification or approval, all without any additional consideration.
(c) All contents of the Campaign are the exclusive property of BCCL and/or its affiliates. The software, text, images, graphics, video and audio used in the Campaign belong to or are licensed to BCCL or its subsidiaries and affiliates. No material from the website may be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, transmitted, posted or distributed in any form without prior written permission from BCCL. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Unauthorised use of the materials appearing on the website may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws, and could result in criminal or civil penalties. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, limited right to access the Site and participate in the interactive initiatives provided by BCCL on the website. The Visitor voluntarily consents and permits BCCL to use any personal information that the Visitor provides in accordance with applicable laws for the purposes of this Campaign and for any marketing or other purposes. BCCL may also share such information(s) with its affiliates, its service providers and agents for the purpose of this Campaign. The information may also be used by BCCL for:
•Recommending various products or services including those of third parties
•Dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints and Campaign related activities
•Marketing products and services and its analysis
•Abiding with laws and law enforcement / regulatory requests
(d) BCCL reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Campaign and the contests within, and/or the terms & conditions without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that makes it necessary to do so. However, any changes to the terms & conditions or cancellation of the Campaign, will be updated/posted on website www.toishotofhope.com. It would be the exclusive responsibility of the Visitor alone to keep themselves informed as to any changes in the terms & conditions stated for this Campaign.
(e) The Campaign is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. BCCL expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. BCCL does not make any warranty that the Campaign and or emanating results will meet your expectations. BCCL will in no event be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential arising out of the Campaign or use of the information shared by the Campaign.
(f) The Visitor hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold BCCL and/or or any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, vendors, responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses that the Visitor may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of participation in the Campaign in any manner whatsoever.
(g) This Campaign shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
(h) All disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of New Delhi courts only.
(i) In accordance with the applicable laws, for any grievance, you may reach the grievance officer of BCCL email@example.com
*Terms & Conditions for the Picture Contest:
- To participate in the ‘Times of a Better India Picture Contest’, a reader has to submit his opinion on what a picture that appears either on this website or in the newspaper or on social media, as part of the Times of a Better India campaign, stands for in terms of its significance as part of the larger India story.
- Readers can send in as many entries as possible to the contest.
- All posts received for the contest will be the property of Bennett, Coleman and Co Ltd. (BCCL).
- By participating in the contest, all participants agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the contest.
- The entries will be seen by a jury comprising senior editors of The Times of India and some of the best entries will be awarded prizes. The number of winners will be the sole discretion of The Times of India.
- In case it is seen that two people send the same entry to the contest, the entry which was received first will be considered.
- The decision of the judges will be final and binding on all participants and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Participants will be solely responsible for any expenses incurred in participating in the contest or in the acceptance and use of the prizes.
- Employees of BCCL, TIL, sponsors, Leo Digital and associated agencies and their immediate families and relatives are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- BCCL shall not be responsible for any loss or damages suffered by the winner while participating in the contest. All disputes shall be subject to jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
- Any prizes given for the contest winners will not be exchanged for their value in cash or for other prizes.
- BCCL reserves the right to modify, cancel, discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or call entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever.